||Along the Way Seeks PT Development Support Specialist
Along the Way is a Christian non-profit organization dedicated to serving women that desires to provide childcare services to single mothers working or going to school during nights and weekends. We are seeking a Development Support Specialist that will be responsible for supporting the fundraising efforts of Along The Way. This is an opportunity to impact the lives of women and children and meet needs in our community. When joining Along The Way's staff, you freely and willingly agree to the standards of behavior outlined in our statement of faith.
Development Support Specialist Requirements:
Our Development Support Specialist responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Meet prospective donors and supporters on a continual basis to establish effective communications with them.
- Help support a major gifts program including identification, cultivation and solicitation of major donors.
- Seek grants by performing research, writing proposals, and reporting requirements.
- Assist with planned giving program with a focus on deferred gifts such as bequest expectancies.
- Assist with the annual fund program, including mailings and annual fundraising drives.
- Coordinate fund raising special events as needed.
- Maintain fundraising database and tracking systems.
- Aid in the creation of publications to support fundraising activities.
- Demonstrate professional conduct at all times.
- Perform other related duties as requested.
Development Support Specialist Qualifications:
- Must embrace the mission of Along The Way
- Strong interpersonal and writing skills.
- Have knowledge and experience in fundraising techniques, particularly major gift fundraising.
- Have the desire to get out of the office and build external relationships.
- Be a “self-starter” and goal driven to initiate donor visits and fundraising calls.
- Be organized and exhibit “follow through” on tasks and goals.
- Display a positive attitude, show concern for people and community, demonstrate presence, self-confidence, common sense and good listening ability.
- Experience in professional fundraising.
Preferred, but not required:
- Associate or Bachelor’s Degree in Nonprofit Management, Social Sciences or Financial Management (or related field) or 2 years of on the job experience.
- Bilingual (Spanish)
Part-time hourly position, rate is negotiable.
Interested and qualified candidates should forward their resume, availability and salary requirements. Along The Way provides training and compensation. E-mail resume to April Matt: firstname.lastname@example.org
Disclaimer: This document describes the position currently available. It is not an employment contract. Our company reserves the right to modify job duties or job descriptions at any time.