||Laurel House Seeks Development Associate
The Development Associate is responsible for providing implementation, coordination and support of development activities, including but not limited to: Foundation Relations; Gift Processing/Donor Database; Direct and Electronic Mail/Solicitations; Publications/Newsletter/E-Newsletter; Marketing, Public Relations, and Development Communications.
Additionally, position also represents Laurel House in the community by participating in community committee work, as requested to, and/or as agreed upon, by the Executive Director and/or Senior Director.
1. Donor Database: Manage and update donor database(s)on an ongoing basis
2. Donor Database/Donations: Ensure that all donations are recorded in the database in a timely manner, and that acknowledgements are sent out to donors promptly
3. Donor Database/Donations: Review online monthly donations, code them appropriately and ensure that any tribute donations are sent out (as indicated per the donation) in a timely manner
4. Grants: Identify, research, cultivate, and solicit foundation, corporate and individual donors to support the mission and goals of Laurel House, including generation of Letters of Intent (LOI) and grant submissions, as well as completion of grant reports by due date
5. Grants: Maintain an updated calendar of due dates of grant progress and final reports
6. Fundraising/Communications: Create, or assist with creating, an annual development calendar
7. Fundraising/Communications: Develop written newsletters on a quarterly basis. Ensure that newsletters get printed, stuffed, sealed and mailed on schedule
8. Fundraising/Communications: Develop electronic newsletters and communications. Ensure that at least one e-communication is sent out per month
9. Fundraising: Compose appeal/fundraising letters. Ensure letters get printed, stuffed, sealed and mailed on schedule
10. Fundraising: Represent Laurel House to professional groups and organizations that are in the process of conducting – or have conducted – special events or fundraisers to benefit Laurel House, as requested
11. Fundraising/Awareness: Assist with special events as needed
12. Fundraising/Awareness: Represent agency at professional/community groups and organizations as requested (including speaking presentations)
13. Awareness: Participate in staffing information tables as needed at community events, resource fairs, etc.
14. Website/Social Media: Ensure that website is kept up to date (events, wish list etc.), and that changes requested to other content are completed in a timely fashion
15. Website/Social Media: Coordinate and manage Laurel House social media accounts
16. Other duties, as assigned
Required Skills and Experience:
1. Bachelor's Degree in related field, or equivalent experience
2. eTapestry experience preferred or ability to quickly learn this data base is essential
3. Ability to implement multi-faceted projects simultaneously, and prioritize tasks accordingly
4. Highly motivated with a passion for the mission of Laurel House;
5. Strong development-related technology skills
6. Organized; detail oriented; accurate
7. Strong written and verbal communication skills
8. Ability to work with diverse populations
9. Strong computer skills: Microsoft Office, E-Tapestry (or another donor database), Constant Contact, Adobe Pro
10. Ability to respond effectively to supervision, while also being able to work with minimal supervision when necessary; self-starter
11. Valid PA Driver's License and access to a vehicle
As with all other Laurel House employees, this position is held to the standards outlined in the Laurel House Personnel Manual. The Conflict of Interest policy outlined in the agency Personnel Manual will apply. Laurel House will not discriminate against a staff member because of race, disability, color, creed, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, veteran status, marital status, political belief or non-job related factors in hiring, promoting, demoting, training, benefits, transfers, lay-offs, terminations, recommendations, rates of pay or other forms of compensation. Opportunity is provided to all staff based on qualifications and job requirements.
If interested, please send cover letter and resume to Tina Quinci at email@example.com.
Position will remain open until filled.