||HealthSpark Foundation Seeks Controller
HealthSpark Foundation is a private, independent foundation providing support to health and human service safety net organizations serving the unmet needs of people experiencing poverty in Montgomery County, Pennsylvania. The foundation has embarked on a new, ten‐year safety net resiliency initiative engaging consumers, providers, governmental and philanthropic leaders to identify investments that will enhance the long‐term viability of the safety net system.
The Controller will be charged with managing the day‐to‐day fiscal operations of HealthSpark Foundation and its subsidiary, 2506 LLC. This key individual supports the president, two boards and staff managing and overseeing all financial and related activities. The ideal candidate must bring strong nonprofit leadership and business skills, and function in a highly collaborative culture at an institution that aspires to the highest of standards. The Controller reports to the President and CEO.
• Develop financial plans and strategies for foundation and 2506 consistent with overall goals, plans and objectives
• Support the informational needs of the foundation's board of directors and building's board of managers
• Provide financial oversight, monitoring and reporting of building revenue, expenses and cash flow including tracking common area maintenance expenditures
• Manage the outsourced accounting firm providing direction and oversight to ensure timely and accurate completion of month‐end reporting
• Develop and maintain efficient and effective accounting and financial systems, reporting, budgeting and cash management systems and processes
• Manage the accounting for the investment portfolio (custodial statement reconciliation, assess potential tax impact of transactions)
• Manage calculations and payments of federal excise tax obligation
• Oversee administrative and operational accounting (grants payment, payroll, payroll taxes and reporting, accounts payable and purchasing)
• Make entries to the general ledger and reconciling with grants management system including the tracking of all grants and consulting contracts awarded and payments
• Manage contract oversight
• Coordinate and plan for cash requirements with financial advisory and custodian
• Manage annual distribution from Restricted accounts; and reconciliation of interest accrual transfer to money market from tenant escrow account
• Prepare monthly and quarterly financial statements including budget variances and key performance measures