||Penn Asian Senior Services Seeks Senior Center Director
Since 2005 Penn Asian Senior Services' work has been focused on improving lives of the frail Asian American immigrants in Pennsylvania, promoting health and wellness, and ending the cycle of social isolation due to language barriers. An essential part of the way we approach that work is a focus on bolstering a sense of dignity and pride in our clients. Penn Asian Evergreen Center provides innovative programming to promote vibrate lifestyles and cultural inclusion so that the diverse community members can become involved with the many others who are socially isolated. This community of people, whose stories you'll explore as part of the team, are our inspiration, our purpose, our family, and our legacy.
The Director is responsible for planning and running day to day operations of a new vibrant community center for seniors from many different ethnic backgrounds. The Director manages all services, programs for the center and ensure smooth operation of daily programs and activities with meeting all compliance required by government for center's good standing. In addition, the Director is responsible to plan long and short term development goals for the Center and setting and implementing operating annual budget.
• Design, develop and implement recreational, cultural and social programs including programming adapted to the varied needs, abilities and interests of older adults.
• Facilitate programming that promotes mental, intellectual, creative, spiritual and physical wellbeing.
• Be accessible and friendly to current and potential members, and create a warm, nurturing environment for members and staff.
• Continuously evaluate and improve program design. Perform continuing assessment of needs and interests of older adults with varied interests, physical capacities and cultural backgrounds.
• Supervise a diverse, multi-lingual staff, including coaching, training and evaluation.
• In collaboration with other Penn Asian Evergreen Center staff, organize and conduct special events and other marketing and outreach activities.
• Oversee compliance with the standards and regulations of the Pennsylvania Department of Aging, and assume budget and fiscal responsibility for assigned programs.
• In collaboration with the Food Program Manager, oversee menu compliance with Pennsylvania Department of Aging food standards.
• Set strategic plans for membership recruitment in diverse ethnic communities.
• Monitor enrollment and attendance, analyze program utilization and cost effectiveness.
• Perform other related duties and responsibilities given by the organization.
• Participate in administrative staff meetings and attends trainings as required.
• Perform other incidental and related duties as assigned.
• Maintain awareness of current Department for the Aging, Department of Health, and other governing bodies' rules and regulations, as well as agency's internal policies and procedures.
• Communicate at a high level, both written and verbally with a focus on excellent customer service and relationships.
• Maintains an effective level of organizational literacy about the center's financial position including planning and implementing annual budget.